6/18/13

Final Signatures...

Can't. Seem. To. Find. Pen...

Urg.

Survey is great!  Financing is approved!  (had to verify that survey was all good before they committed fully)  Insurance is lined up!  Now we just need to sign this Acceptance of Vessel form.  This is the form that says we want the boat AND (more critically) that from this point on, if we change our minds we don't get any of the 10% down that is sitting in an escrow account.  It also happens to be the form that has the repairs that we want done by the seller.  It's the final bargaining step.  Practically the FINAL final step.  Practically.  I just need to sign it.  And so does Mark.  Then we email it and *POOF* several thousand dollars are no longer ours...  Just like that.  And I know - it's just the beginning.  People seem to find no end to telling us allll about the giant hole of a money pit that boats are.

So what's the problem?  I am a serial saver.  Some people hoard cats.  Some people hoard food.  I hoard cash.  It's not a bad thing, just ask my husband.  I'm not a spender.  But I AM a traveler!  And what does spending this money do?  It frees us up to traveltraveltravel!  Yay!  It's like a floating trailer.  We get tired of one watery trailer park, we just pull anchor and find another one.  Easy-peasy.

*For the record, I don't really like peas, but I like easy.  Well, I like black eyed peas, I suppose.  Just not green peas.  Easy-blackeyedpeasy!


Here I go.  I'm going to sign it.



No.  No, I'm not.  I'm waiting on him to get home so we can commit together.  Then neither is more to blame than the other... ;)


3 comments:

  1. You should do a past life regression and see what life made you this hoarder you say you are ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEE! When you said, " Here I go," I immediately started singing, " Here I go again in my own! Going down the only road I've ever known!" I guess you guys will be drifters, now, though. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete

We ♥ hearing your thoughts! ⚓️

Popular Posts