Waiting. And more waiting.

Just an update on what's happening in the boat buying phase.  Waiting.  That's what's happening.  That's all that's happening.  Oddly similar to the shopping phase, where we just sat around playing on the internet.  For ages.

Anyway.  I've called around and gotten prices on the various marinas in the area.  Let's just say that I understand why most cruisers live on the hook.  I wonder if we can put a mooring ball in the river behind the house...?  You know, just down from the marina that's going to charge us $420 to park our boat.  (And if we *gasp* want electricity, it'll be another $60.)  

I've also been calling and getting a variety of quotes on insurance.  Seems the cheapest is to have a date specific policy.  We would be required to keep the boat north of Florida from June 1 to November 1 - Hurricane Season.  Not really a problem for now, as we won't have a big enough chunk of time to go to the Bahamas until Christmas.  And we can always change the policy later - when we're ready to hit the seas for longer periods.  And we can always sail north in the summer.

Speaking of hurricane season, I suppose I would've heard by now if tropical storm Andrea had annihilated "our" boat.  I have to say, if she has, I'll take that as a major sign that, gee, maybe she's not the right boat for us... ;)

I feel like I'm just rambling now.  Our survey and sea trial are set for next Friday.  In the meantime, landlife goes on.  Classes to teach, houses to landlord over, trainings to be taken.  And maybe a nap for good measure.

Bon Voyage!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We ♥ hearing your thoughts! ⚓️

Popular Posts